Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1: This Baby is Different

It's a boy...

...and we have less than 10 weeks until his birthday!

Even though we are preparing for baby number 3 at our house, my head is still spinning with all the of things that need to be done to get ready for his arrival. As if that sentence didn't clue you in, I am a planner. Big time. So I suppose it works to my advantage that I have c-section babies. Long story short - I had an emergency c-section with baby 1 and opted to have repeats with baby 2 and this little Bean.

So with all of this planning I feel compelled to do, it made perfect sense for my 31 days journal to be about preparing for baby, my way. Everyone has their own way to do things. Some may say I put extra pressure on myself to do things my certain way, but I want things the way I want them. I am more and more particular the older I get, especially about how I am with my babies. I was too inexperienced to really know or say what I wanted when baby 1 was born.

Something that hasn't changed: we like to take on big projects before babies our born (baby 1 - remodelling rooms in our first house, baby 2 - remodelling the entire inside of our third house and baby 3 - adding on to our house). Other things have changed with this pregnancy, many of which I will talk about in the coming posts.

As for today, I did something I have never done before - I had pregnancy pictures taken. All four of us went to a local park and had our pictures taken by a professional photographer - family pictures and maternity shots. I have always been self-conscious about extra baby weight on my short stature, so maternity pics were never a priority. I have a different outlook this time since it will be our last time. I look back and want to see my pregnant self, and there are only a handful of snapshots from previous pregnancies. I knew I'd want some nice shots of this one especially with the hubby and kids. It went well. When I get them back, I will share.

The rest of my day consisted of me and Bean laying on the couch. This momma and baby were wore out. More preparing tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to getting more particular as you get older. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when I'm 80! We moved one month before baby #1 was born. Hopefully when the time comes for baby #2, we won't have any major projects to take on. I'm hoping to get them all out of the way before hand - ha! Can't wait to see the rest of your posts in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! So glad some people are into what I'm writing. What a trip! :)

    ReplyDelete