Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2: Tired and Achy, Growing a Small Human


Today this baby is whoopin my ass.

I must be adequately doing my job, because he is already big enough now to have stretched my midsection to what seems like the max. All of the skin and muscles seem to be ripping from my ribs, and my belly button has just decided to start tearing like it did with baby 1. That's what it feels like when he's laying still. Then he thinks he might push with his whole back to one side and straighten those little legs and arms. I shift around until I find a comfortable spot. Wait, there isn't one.

I keep thinking how he is developing into the amazing person he is meant to be because I am so tired it's hard to focus on anything but being tired. He is sucking every last ounce of energy I have. And then I have to zombie-like find some energy to get up and take care of the 2 children who are not conveniently in my belly but still very much neep my help doing most things.

The preparation I am doing today does not consist of washing his clothes, putting a baby gadget together or making lists of what we'll need for the hospital. Some day it's about trying to rest my body as much as I can so I can continue to form his.

That is exactly what I plan on doing the rest of the evening.

After I make the kids' dinner.

And get their school things ready for tomorrow.

And take a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment